Monday, November 24, 2014

Updated Christmas Village

I cannot believe that this is Thanksgiving week! It absolutely baffles me how quickly this year has flown by!  (And don't we have so much to be thankful for!) 

I'm kicking off this week with a few Christmas crafts and DIY's to help get you into the holiday spirit! Each day this week and next week (with the exception of Thanksgiving) I will be sharing some festive holiday crafts! I have SO much to show you, but today I'm starting with an updated Christmas village. 

My grandmother gave me this village last year after Christmas. I'm not sure how old it is, or even where it came from. I knew, though, that I could update with some crisp white paint and glitter.  This would be a very inexpensive and easy project......little houses like these are readily available at Wal-Mart, dollar stores, and you could probably find some at thrift stores. A can of white paint and a container of glitter is all you need to give them some love.





//During the glittering process. Via Instagram//
I really love how my little houses turned out! It's amazing to me what some white paint can do to update things. Here is my little village styled for Christmas atop my antique pie safe....








I love little bottle brush trees. I have used them in a few places in my holiday decorating this year. 








This little village gives off such a soft, warm glow at night! It gives just the right amount of light to this corner in my dining room! 

Linking up to:
Make it Pretty Monday
Creative Spark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...