Monday, November 17, 2014

Busy as a Bee

Guys, I have been hard pressed to get a blog post up the past couple of weeks. I have been sooooo very busy. Ever since we got back home from our vacation, it has been non-stop and I feel like I just can't get caught up. But, I finally had some time today to update you a little about what has been going on around here. 


Ever since our living room switcharoo, I have been feeling that this turquoise painted in our built-ins was a little too bold. I have slowly been trying to tone things down and make it flow more with our new dining room/living room situation. So, I painted it black, just like in the living room. 




I put it off for a while because I knew that I would have a huge mess on my hands.  It was worth it, though. I felt that the way I had the bookcase "styled" was too jumbly and messy anyway. (I had resorted to just throwing stuff up there.) 



I have to show you the end result when I share my Christmas home tour soon. It looks so much better now. 


//Beautiful banister with lime green and red chevron ribbon my client picked out. How festive! Via Instagram//
 I had two client projects this week......one was decorating for Christmas and the other was starting on a new studio design for my friend Heather of Newman's Photography. Her studio is her grandparent's old home. She decided it was time to give a facelift. Here are some of the befores.



Isn't that shiplap amazing?  I couldn't wait to get it painted!


And this photo is one Heather posted after she and her husband finished painting the shiplap white and after they pulled up all the old linoleum to reveal hardwood floors. The floors just have to be sanded and re-stained now and they will look amazing! I can't wait to get to the fun part.....making everything functional and pretty! This will be Heather's office/sitting room. 


I have also been very busy getting Christmas projects done. I have most of my decorating done, but have also tackled quite a few Christmas crafts that I can't wait to show you!  (Starting next week!!!)  But, I cannot craft without making a huge mess.  My house was coated in a fine layer of glitter for a while. 


//Via Instagram//

After making the trek to Tuscaloosa Saturday to cheer on the Tide, and spending some much needed time with my hubby, I finally feel like I am getting caught up on things.  It seems like November is always so busy getting ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas. And once Thanksgiving is over there is always so very much on the calendar. In order to not get overwhelmed, I'm just trying to take it one day at a time.

Are your November's super busy in anticipation of the holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...