Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Don't Count Me Out

I think it's time we have a little heart to heart. Or maybe I just need a sounding board this morning. I don't know.  But, since I know you are such a great listener, I'm gonna spill. 

The last month has been really frustrating on many levels; my dreams for this blog and my home, my health, weight loss, and fitness, and learning how to say no so that I don't over-commit myself. 

Let's just talk about weight loss.  Even though, I have been consistently working out and eating within my calorie parameters, I haven't seen the scale budge much at all in the last month.  I can't tell you how frustrating that is! I know that muscle weighs more than fat.  I know that sometimes, you lose inches and not pounds.  But, even so, I still feel that the scale should show a little more than it has. I have no idea what is up with my body.  I did finally get measured last week so that I will be able to see the inches lost when I'm not seeing it on the scale, and I think that will help me stay positive.  

I teeter on the edge of being so proud of myself for what I have accomplished so far and the realization that I still have a really LONG way to go.  I swing from being more self-confident because of the weight loss and feeling great about it to insecurity.  I am terrified that I am going to fall back into old habits. After all, in the past I lost one hundred pounds then gained it all back plus some.  On one hand, I am screaming DON'T COUNT ME OUT! because I know what I am and will be capable of.  On the other hand, I am still unsure about it all. I just want the weight off!  And I want it off as quickly as possible.  Sometimes, I feel like it is suffocating me.  I have to remind myself that it will take time.  


 This past month, honestly, has shaken my confidence a bit; confidence that I can do this, confidence that I WILL succeed.  I'm battling within myself, my outlook swinging back and forth like a pendulum. 

Losing 32 pounds in less than five months is great, but that forward momentum has slowed down and I've got to push through this.  I've got to figure out a way to just keep swimming. Just. Keep. Going.  I've got to get that momentum going forward again. 

I have to persevere.  A couple years ago at VBS, one of the things my girls learned was the definition of perseverance.  That definition always stuck out in my mind:  Always finish what you started.  

I will persevere.  I will finish what I've started. I will become healthy. I will reach my goals. (I'm giving myself a little pep talk here.)

And don't count me out.  Just don't.  I know that when others see me, they probably don't automatically think of strength, or agility, or endurance.  They don't see an athlete or a fighter or someone who is brave enough to face this head on.  But I know that that is within me. I know that person is in there, slowly emerging.  I know that things that are worth fighting for aren't easy.  If this were easy, a lot more people would be doing it, as well.

Don't count me out. And I will try not to count myself out, either. 






1 comment:

  1. You can do it and just don't give up and no matter what you are beautiful on inside and outside.

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...