Monday, December 09, 2013

Vintage Whimsy Dining Room Tree

Have you ever had an idea that you couldn't shake?  A concept that just wouldn't go away? A few months ago, I had a vision for my dining room Christmas tree that included silver platters, tea cups, and kitchen items nestled into the tree.  A nod to vintage with hint of modern. 

I started picking up items at yard sales and thrift stores when I found them, and by the time December rolled around, I had all the items I needed for the tree. 




I painted a couple of dollar store platters with homemade chalkboard paint and wrote messages on them.







The mini chalkboards I got at The Chapel Market remind us of yummy treats of the season. 



Throughout the tree, paired silverware adorn the branches......


......and so do metal cookie cutters


......and tea cups and homemade jar lid ornaments.





For the most part, I think it turned out just how I envisioned it.  I loved using everyday items to decorate the tree.  Have you ever used out of the ordinary items on your tree?  

*Be sure to like Cultivate Create on Facebook if you haven't already.  We are getting close to the 500 mark and I've decided to celebrate with a Favorite Things Holiday Giveaway.  As soon as we reach the 500 mark, a winner will be drawn from the followers of the page.  Like us and suggest to your friends!  More details soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...