Tuesday, December 17, 2013

DIY Evergreen Christmas Swags

I luuurve fresh greenery at Christmas time!  It is timeless and classic, and it never goes out of style.  

This year, instead of hanging wreaths on the front of my home, I decided to hang fresh swags. Here's how to make them:


1. Pile your husband's truck high with fresh greenery. 
If you don't have trees in your yard that you can clip, maybe a neighbor or family member does. Ask around.  I have a couple magnolia trees in the back yard but I make a trek to my Memaw's home every year for fresh pine and cedar. My Granny has a huge Magnolia tree, and when I can't get quite enough off of my small trees, I head to her house. 


2. Gather branches together to form swag.
I try to make sure the swag is full and contains varying texture.  Here, I put the pine in the back and added the cedar to the front.  Then, I added a sprig of red berries. 

3. Tie with craft or floral wire. 

4. Add a bow and hang.  
You can't go wrong with classic red.  I used velvet ribbon that I got on sale for 75% off last year after Christmas. 



I am pleased how my holiday swags turned out....simple and classic. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...