Thursday, November 21, 2013

You Are Beautiful

Have you ever had one of those moments where it was almost as if God Himself was embracing you?  I don't mean in the literal, physical sense.  But a moment where He was so tangible, you just knew it was Him.

I had one of those moments today.  

After running some errands this morning, I was really hungry.  I went to Hardee's because they have those yummy low-carb turkey burgers.  Normally, I would have just gone through the drive-thru but today I went inside to order instead.  

I placed my order to go, then sat at a table near where the drink machines were and waited for them to prepare it.  Shortly, a few more people trickled in, including a blonde lady I had never seen before, which is rare in my small town. We know everybody. Or at least have seen people around town.  She was on the petite side, had short cropped blonde hair, looked to be about in her fifties, and had the sweetest smile and expression on her face.  

She placed her order, was given her cup, and walked over to the drink machines beside the table where I sat.  She filled her cup then she looked up at me.  

She smiled and said, "I just want to tell you, you are so beautiful!"

Then she walked off.  

I sat there kind of stunned and I think I mumbled a "thank you."  I immediately thought, Why would she tell me that?  I was dressed plainly with a button up shirt, jeans, and loafers.  I wore my everyday, nothing special makeup.  My hair was pulled back in a pony tail.  Just plain ole Amanda. 

A couple minutes later, my order was ready and I headed home.  I kept thinking about that stranger who was so kind. I was baffled.  I wondered/asked God why she would bother to tell a complete stranger that.  I mean, how often to we see people who are attractive or beautiful but we just keep it to ourselves?  

Then I heard His whisper.  Amanda, you are beautiful. And I love You

I didn't think that was something that I needed to hear from anybody, or God at that. But I guess I did.  And He knew I did.   But most of all, I needed to hear it from Him. 

And I have something that I want to tell you......


You are beautiful!  And He loves you.  I don't know what all of your struggles are.  I don't know what battles you are fighting. But He does.  He sees.  He knows.  

You are beautiful!  I pray that you will hear His whisper in my voice just as I heard His whisper in the voice of a stranger.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...