Thursday, September 12, 2013

Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner

Unless of course, you have a ladder named Baby, in which case, she gets put in a corner.  To fill up dead space.  To hide unsightly gas lines.  To make me smile when I look at the now filled hole.



Here is said hole and gas line.  We can't plant anything right there because we have to have the pavement extended to that wall, graded away from the house to prevent water seepage into our foundation. (Yes. We have had a slight problem in our laundry room after the torrential rains of summer 2013.)  In the meantime, until we get the concrete poured, I would like to fill up that little hole.  It mocks me when I look at it.



Here's What I Did:

I placed a vintage ladder, aka "Baby," (a $10 yard sale find--Thanks Mrs. Juanita!) in the corner and positioned it at an angle.




Then, I added scrap lumber to make shelves and perched a fern toward the top.




 Next, I filled up the "shelves" with pots and arranged some on the ground around the ladder.  I used what I already had on hand.  Pretty soon, I will replace these with mums and pumpkins.






 It looks much better now.  That hole isn't mocking me anymore!  Can't wait to deck it out in fall goodness!


Okay, let's recap:


We started with this. 



Then I put Baby in a corner




No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...