Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Will You Please Help Me?

Today, I need to ask you all a favor. This is a very personal request, but I really need your help. 
A recent photo of my mom.

This is my mom. Her name is Letha and she was diagnosed with Follicular Mycosis Fungoides Lymphoma, a rare form of cancer. She's actually had it for about three years now, or maybe longer, but was mis-diagnosed not once but twice. It was so hard to be told that she had cancer, then that she didn't have cancer but that it was actually another disease. Then, to be told again that she does have cancer, then doesn't, then does. Talk about whiplash for her and for our family, especially knowing that it had gone untreated for so long because of the lack of a proper diagnosis. 

Grand-baby snuggles. My mom with my nephew, Liam.

Mom with my daughters at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival.
The thing is, since it's a rare form of cancer, she doesn't have a lot of answers. She doesn't know anyone else with this form of cancer or anyone who knows someone with it. Even with the doctors, it seems like a guessing game to me. She's researched online, and I've researched it too, but it still feels like we don't really have a lot of answers or that it's such a broad disease that what we know is just really vague.

Mom with my nephews, Tripp and Liam.





Recently, my mom put this on Facebook, hoping to connect with someone who 

is suffering with the same type of cancer or someone who may know about it. 

Here was her request:


"It's been on my mind that I don't know anyone else that has the same type of cancer that I do. It would 

be so nice to be able to talk to someone about the daily struggle to keep it under control, if the same 

things flare theirs up as does mine and what they do. Does anyone know anybody who has the rare 

lymphoma called Follicular Mycosis Fungoides?"


My mom has been such a trooper through all of this, but I know it weighs on her heavily. If you have that type of cancer, or know someone who does, we'd really like to connect. It'd be great to see what treatments others with this cancer are going through (Mom prefers a natural approach), what they do to manage the symptoms and flare-ups, progression of the disease, and so on. Please help if you have any information that could be of use. Feel free to comment below or email me at cultivatecreate@yahoo.com. And of course, we'd welcome your prayers! Thanks so much for taking the time to read! Maybe we can find someone for her to connect with as she goes through all of this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...