Wednesday, April 08, 2015

DIY Fringe Party Backdrop




 
Ya'll, I love making DIY items for parties and gatherings. I love being able to use my hands to fashion something that is seemingly plain or ordinary into something with a little more pizzazz. And, I love making things special for guests! I made this fringe backdrop for a party and today, I'm showing you how to make one for your next gathering. It would be great to as a buffet backdrop, a photo booth, VBS decoration, proms. So many options! It looks complicated, but it is really simple, albeit slightly time consuming. It was worth every second!
 


 
 
Gather your supplies: 
*Plastic tablecloth
*Scissors
*Tape
*About 8 to 10 small packages of Tissue Paper (Depending on the desired size, you may need a little more or a little less).
 
Here's How: 


 Start with an inexpensive plastic tablecloth and cut to size if needed


Cut tissue paper in half (long way.)



 Starting at the bottom row, tape tissue paper to the tablecloth. Double up tissue paper for a fuller, more dimensional look.






 Once you have taped all your tissue paper in place, you are ready to start cutting the fringe


Using scissors, cut one to two inch strips to make the fringe. (I have since found that Martha Stewart makes a fringe cutter and it can be found at Michael's for $24.99. It might be worth the investment if you are going to be cutting a lot of fringe and will use it for more than this one project. You can see it HERE.)


Now, you are all ready to prepare for your gathering!


I used this backdrop for a graduation tea for my niece (that ended up getting cancelled due to sickness, but that is a whole other story). This party scene and party tips will be featured in the upcoming edition of Southern Holiday Life Magazine! I was honored to be asked to be a contributor once again and I am so excited about Cultivate Create being featured! I will let you know as soon as the digital version can be viewed online.
 
 
I also made the fringe tassels and the large tissue paper flowers. I've been asked by a few people how to make both, so I will be posting tutorials for both really soon! I hope you enjoyed today's DIY tutorial! If you have any questions, be sure to comment below! Have a wonderful day!

Linking up to:
 

http://www.designsbymissmandee.com/2015/04/create-share-diy-and-recipe-party-52/
 
 

1 comment:

  1. In addition to adding a decorative touch to a table, tablecloths can also serve a practical purpose by protecting the table from scratches, spills, and other damage. tablecloth supplies


    They are commonly used in homes, restaurants, hotels, and other settings where food is served.

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...