Friday, February 14, 2014

DIY Digital Valentines

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!  It was a mad rush to get off to school this morning with brownies, Rice Krispy treats, and valentines for classmates in tow.  Although I do like to plan ahead, sometimes things sneak up on me. Especially when I am crazy busy like I have been this week.  And as far as getting any cards in the mail for out of town relatives, that just didn't happen. 

I decided to make digital valentine's for my out-of-town family.  You know, just to let them know that we love them and they are definitely not "out of sight, out of mind."  

Here's how I did it:

1. Start by taking photos in front of a backdrop. I used wrapping paper my mom left at my house. I think it came from Target. I also used paper doily hearts from the Dollar Tree as a prop. Be sure to take a picture of the backdrop by itself. You will need it later. 




2. Using PicMonkey, edit photos if needed. Save and click on the collage tab on the home page. 


3. Design your collage.  Choose the layout that best suits how many photos you are using.  Once you have your photos in place, and the collage to your liking, you are ready for the next step.

4. Add text and overlays to finalize digital Valentine. Above the collage, there is an "edit" tab.  Clicking on that will allow you to add whatever text, overlays, and effects you want.  

All done! So easy.  This would be great for any occasion; holidays, birthdays, or just because.  Email your digital valentines or tag on Facebook.  

Have an amazing Valentine's Day! Hope to see you all back here Monday for Part 2 of Sweet Gum Bottom redesign. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...