Monday, November 30, 2015

Southern Holiday Life Christmas Issue


The new Christmas issue of Southern Holiday Life is out and I'm sharing a fun tutorial in this edition: Wood Slice Ornaments.



Back in the fall, after a lot storms, we had some pretty large oak tree limbs down in our back yard. Instead of chopping it up for firewood, I had my husband cut it into about one to one and a half inch slices. At the time, I wasn't exactly sure about what I'd do with all of those pretty wood slices, but I knew that a Christmas project was the direction I was headed in. I decided to make some ornaments and was able to share how for SHL. 






Here's a little sneak peek at my tree with those wood slice ornaments on it. I think this may be my favorite tree I've ever done. I made lots and lots of wood slice ornaments for it and they just pop! I love that they are personalized for our family and that you can personalize yours, too. (By the way, next week is Home Tour Week and I'll be sharing my holiday home along with a few others every day! I'm so excited and can't wait for you to see!)



Head on over and read the tutorial on how to make your own wood slice ornaments and all of the other wonderful articles in this issue HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...